Authentic Chebe powder from The Republic of Chad in Central Africa.
Chebe (pronounced shea bay) powder is a traditional hair growth remedy from Chad, Africa. It has been used for generations to increase hair growth and prevent breakage. All natural, and only available from plants in this remote part of Africa. M-P410
Chebe is the secret to very long hair in Chad. In Chad women’s hair often goes past their waist. For African women elsewhere, this length of hair is almost never seen. Moisturizes hair and prevents breakage. The Basara women in Chad are known to have very long hair. They cover their hair in a home made mixture that keeps their hair super moisturized and lubricated which is the reason given for why they say their hair never breaks; even from childhood. This is made with ingredients that are only found in Chad and Sudan. Unlike shea butter and other hair moisturizers, Chebe penetrates the hair shaft to prevent breakage like nothing else. Also de-tangles easily making hair easier to manage. Chebe oil can be used daily.
Lavender Croton, Prunus Mahaleb, Reisin, Clove, Gum Arabic, Vegetable Oil, Perfume.
How Chebe is made
- The Chebe seeds, mahellaba soubianne, and cloves are individually grilled and separated. Then individually ground into a fine powder in a sort of mortar and pestle set up and those ground powders are also separated.
- The powders are then combined in the same mortar and mixed together, a few spoonfuls of the oil/grease mixture are added in and the container set aside, then that is all mixed together giving the once fine powder a texture closer to soil.
- The Missic and Resin are then ground together into a powder and added to the "soil-like" mixture..
How to use:
- Dampen the hair.
- Apply the Chebe mixture. You can alternate between the scented oil/hair grease mix and the chebe powder mix until the hair is fully saturated.
- Re-braid the hair. Once the braiding is done, wet it again with water.
- For best results, repeat the routine every 3 to 5 days.
What do others say
OK everyone..this oil is great! While applying this to my hair my hands got so soft ! I can't say enough good things about it as well as the fact that it made mine and my daughter's scalp feel wonderful!
I have been using the Chebe powder with the Ostrich oil!!!!! I used to put a fake bun on but I feel confident to go with my own small bun. My hair is growing and the Chebe powder and Ostrich oil stops the shedding! But now my family is wanting to try lol!!!
Might as well be call Chebe Liquid Gold. This is the quick and dirty version to the chebe application method. If you're in a rush and just need to get the chebe in without all the hassle and mess, this is great. I've also used this in conjunction with the the chebe paste from Chebe USA. The chebe oil by itself makes my hair sooo soft. It is great for reducing inflammation and this helps to restore weak hair follicles and with continued and regular use can help with hair fall/loss.
This is quick. The chebe paste from Chebe USA is #1 and the Oil is #2 for me. The paste really makes my 4b/4c kinks pop and stay stretched. Using the Chebe oil gives you the quick application, but not as much of the stretched hair.
The oil has my hair moisturize and frizz free. The scent is strong at first but fades Enjoy the product but is a bit expensive
I like the fact that the oil with chebe was easy to use and not too oily.
Chadian women show that this is not due to genetics. The women do not apply shébé powder mixture to their bangs which, in turn, stay short. However the parts of the hair which they do use the powder mixture on in their routine doesn't break and grows very long and strong.